Barry M Gelly Hi- Shine Nail Paint in 'Sugar Apple'

Sunday 10 August 2014


For some odd reason, a few weeks ago I got the unnatural urge to go out and buy nail varnish.. If you know me, you'd know that I am no nail expert. My nail varnish collection consists of about 10 polishes and you don't see a huge variety of colour on my nails as I generally stick with black or Fiji by Essie. However after taking a look at the gorgeous colours from Barry M this season and feeling inspired by the lovely summer weather I just had to pick one up.

The one I bought was 'Sugar Apple' which is from the Gelly Hi- Shine range. As the name suggests, the finish is high shine and very smooth to apply. 'Sugar Apple' is a light blue/ sea foam green colour but in my opinion it is perfect for summer. This colour took 3 coats to achieve to make it completely opaque.

Although the colour is gorgeous, it does have to be topped up every two days or so. If you aren't very careful it starts to chip pretty quickly! Its drying time is pretty average, I didn't find it too slow to be honest. 

Overall I really love this colour and I'm sure I will be running back to Boots very soon while my nail varnish kick lasts as they have some other gorgeous colours in the range!


Do you like the Barry M Gelly Hi- Shine nail paints?


No comments:

Post a Comment